Frequently Asked Questions
Our FAQ section contains answers to some of the most common questions we receive. If you are unable to find an answer to your question here, please contact our Customer Care Department for additional assistance.
What are your shipping rates for domestic orders?
- We offer free shipping via FedEx and UPS on all U.S. orders.
What are your shipping rates for International Orders and what are your International Policies?
- International orders are shipped insured via FedEx or UPS. Shipping time is 7 business days + however long the package takes in customs. Shipping Fees on all orders are $100.00.
All international orders are subject to import taxes, customs duties and brokerage fees levied by the destination country and the recipient is responsible for paying these fees. Kapes has no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. These fees are imposed by the receiving country and are based on the retail value of the invoice. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for more information.
The customer is responsible for any and all shipping charges related to undeliverable packages (including return to sender fees). Kapes is unable to provide refunds for international orders if a customer declines to pay the duties and the package is treated as abandoned or returned to sender. Any fees that Kapes incurs in this or similar scenario will be billed to the recipient.
If you have an issue with any of these policies please or have any questions please contact us via phone or email.
How will I know if my order has been shipped?
- As soon as your order is dropped off to a shipping facility, we will text and/or email you with your FedEx/UPS tracking number. Click on the tracking number and you can access to-the-minute location information.
If there is no activity for two days, we can help. Our number is (415) 706 7192 don’t hesitate to call!
How long do custom order take?
- Custom orders can take up to any where between four-six weeks. Let us know if you're in a rush, on special requests we are able to make custom orders within a week! For more information on custom orders, click here.
Lost or Stolen Packages
- If your tracking information shows that your package was delivered, but you have not received it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: We do not take responsibility for lost/missing packages that show successful delivery to the order address.
What is your return policy?
- You may return or exchange your merchandise within 14 days from the day you received it. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received in. Learn more about our return policy here.
Return Policy on Custom Orders
- All custom pieces are made to order and are thus final sale.
Return Policy for International Order
- All international orders are final sale and we are unable to offer repairs or returns on them. If you need a repair for an international order, please contact us and we can advise you on local solutions.
Policies For Incorrect / Damaged Orders
- In the unlikely event that your order is processed incorrectly or your item(s) arrived damaged, please email us ASAP to let us know. We ask that you send over photos of the incorrect/damaged merchandise for our reference.
For domestic orders containing incorrect / damaged items, we are typically able to refund or replace the orders at our expense. PLEASE NOTE: we do not take responsibility for damaged items purchased through third-party retailers.
What are your repair policies?
- At Kapes Jewelry, quality and craftsmanship is of our utmost concern. Our pieces are meant to be worn daily. However, jewelry is by its very nature delicate. If you should experience the need for a repair, we are here to help. All jewelry purchased within the last 6 months is eligible for a complimentary repair for any breakage caused by manufacturer defect. If your jewelry breaks due to normal wear and tear, we can still repair it for free within the first 6 months, but you will be responsible for round trip shipping.
Repairs needed after 6 months or deemed to be caused by misuse will incur a repair charge at the customer’s expense (usually in the $25 range + $15 shipping each way)
What forms of payment can I use?
- We currently accept all major credit and debit cards, store credits, gift cards purchased from kapesjewelry.com, Venmo, Zelle, Paypal, Amazon Pay, and Apple Pay.
How is sales tax calculated?
- Final sales tax is calculated based on the shipping address zip code where the merchandise is being delivered. Currently we collect sales tax on orders with a billing address in CA.
Do you offer payment plans?
- Yes, we do offer layaway plans! We are a proud partner of Affirm.
Affirm is a financing alternative to credit cards and other credit payment products. Affirm offers instant financing for purchases online. With Affirm, you can buy and receive your purchase now, and pay for it in fixed monthly installments over the course of three, six, or twelve months. For more information, and FAQs, click here.
Do You Do Special Orders Or Custom Work?
Yes, we are happy to do custom pieces. Please visit our Custom Order page more more details.
What custom jewelry can I make at Kapes?
From rings and bracelets to pendants and earring sets, our designers will work with you to create any piece of jewelry you're dreaming of.
What is the timeline on custom jewelry?
Custom jewelry usually takes about six to eight weeks. The design process will fluctuate depending on how intricate the design is and the changes necessary to get the piece just right.
What is the average price of a custom piece?
Customized jewelry can cost as little or as much as you like. Consider the prices of metal used, diamonds and/or gemstones and the intricacies of the design. All custom orders require a 50% non-refundable deposit.
Which metals can I use in my custom jewelry?
Your piece can include any metal that Kapes has available such as white gold, yellow gold, rose gold, platinum and more.
Can my design include gemstones?
Yes! You aren't limited to traditional diamonds in your custom piece! Popular gemstones include morganite, topaz, pink or white sapphire, garnet and others. For more details, ask about gemstones (and/or diamonds) during your consultation appointment. Contact us to book an appointment!
Where Is Your Jewelry Manufactured?
Our jewelry is manufactured in Japan and Italy.
If requested, can I have my merchandise gift wrapped at the store?
Yes, just inform the sales associate at the time of pick up and your merchandise will be gift wrapped free of charge.
Are the diamonds and pearls conflict-free?
Yes, all our diamonds and pearls are conflict free. We source directly from reputed and ethical manufacturers.
Do you offer lab grown diamonds?
Yes, we offer lab grown diamonds of all sizes and shapes.
How can I schedule a virtual appointment?
You can schedule an appointment by simply email us (email@example.com) or call us (415-77-8829).
Can I read some reviews?
Do you do engraving?
- Yes, we offer engraving on some merchandise. It can take up to ten days for this service. We offer free engraving on custom orders. For a price quote on specific engraving requests other than custom orders, please contact us.
Please note engraving is considered personalization and your item would be considered final sale.
Do you offer appraisals for insurance purposes?
- Yes, we give free appraisals on all our jewelry above US$1000.00.
- We buyback your old gold jewelry at the Current Gold Prices in exchange for our jewelry pieces.
What are your terms of service?
- This website is operated by K.D. JEWELRY INC.. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Kapes Jewelry. K.D. JEWELRY INC. offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. To view our complete terms of service please click here.